Monday, June 4, 2012

Power of Prayer

Ethan bought a prank book at his school book fair, this fake ice cube with a spider inside was included in the book. Ethan was able to fool many of the kids by putting it in our ice machine. It went from glass to glass and eventually ended up stuck in my my garbage disposal. My garbage disposal has been down for a few days because of this ice cube prank. At first I thought it was a domino from one of Bryson's domino sets. Travis just thought it was a part of the disposal, but I knew it wasn't. This morning I decided that if I wanted my disposal fixed I was going to have to do it myself. I got a flash light and saw where the ice prank was blocking the blade. It was wedged in there really good! I got some pliers and struggled to get it out for what seemed like forever. It wasn't budging and I was very frustrated. I decided to calm down and ask my Heavenly Father for some help. I said a prayer knowing that if I asked for help Heavenly Father would help me. After my prayer I went to my junk drawer and found a better set of pliers and started working again to get my disposal fixed. After a few minutes I was able to get the ice prank out of my disposal. I now have a working disposal! I believe in the power of prayer. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of what I need, no matter how big or small it may be. I know that he loves us and that he is always there to help us when we need it, we just need to ask.

No comments: