Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Allison's Jane Addams Bioriddle



I was born on September 6, 1860 in Cedarville, Illinois, with the sky so beautiful all full of the color turquoise.

I strongly believed in the need of research into the poverty and crime, I worked very hard to earn money but all I ever got was a dime.

My mother, Sara, died when I was just two years old, it was sad seeing her in her coffin all skinny and cold.

I was then raised by my stepmother who had two children of her own, by that time my clothes were always to be sewn.

I graduated from the Rockford Female Seminary in 1881 and won a bachelors degree, the next year after it became the Rockford College I got a very good salary.

During the summer of 1881 my father became ill and died, he was a very nice man and had never lied.

After he died I felt much torment, that time was the saddest moment.

I was the first American woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 1931, I shared it with an educator Nicholas Murray Butler who also deserved one.

I visited and helped people at the Hull-House up to my death in 1935, I loved the children so much they made me feel so alive.

If your not sure who I am just try and guess, if you need a hint just look at my dress.

Who am I?

Yes, I am Jane Addams and my famous quote is:

"America's future will be determined by the home and the school.  The child becomes largely what he is taught, hence we must watch what we teach, and how we live."

No comments: