Friday, July 15, 2011

Mad Hatter

 Lexie was invited to an Alice In Wonderland party and was asked to come as the Mad Hatter. We were both really excited about dressing her up as the Mad Hatter! It was something that Lexie and I talked about when we first saw the movie. We wanted her to look like the Mad Hatter from the new movie because he was our favorite character. I bought her hat and eyebrows online, the jacket she's wearing we found at home, we found her pants at kid to kid for $4, Scarf at Ross $6, we went to JoAnn Fabrics for thread, thimbles, and ribbon. We then made the thread spool sash and I sewed lace on the sleeves of her jacket. Her costume turned out really cute! Lexie felt a little out of place at the party because she was the only one who really got into character, but everyone seemed to love her costume. I know I had fun turning her into the Mad Hatter!

No comments: