Tuesday, January 17, 2012

You want Something Done You've Got to do it Yourself!

 I have been trying to take my Christmas Lights off my house for a few days now. I was able to go around with a ladder and get 1/4 of them down, but bushes and trees prevented me from getting the rest down. I had asked for some help because I was afraid that I would fall if I went on the roof. I couldn't get any help! Last night while I was trying to sleep I thought up a way to get my lights down. I figured if I got a broom and taped a big fork to it I would be able to push the plastic hooks up and off the rain gutter. This morning I made my contraption. I got a broom and a marshmallow roaster and taped them together and it worked. I was so happy that my little contraption was helping me get my lights down. I started to struggle with the lights above my living room windows. I went back in and taped a stronger fork to what I had made and after a few minutes of fighting with the lights I finally got them all down. I would have liked to have some help because it wasn't easy getting the lights down, but I found a way to get it done. I'm sure I had all kinds of weird looks from the neighbors.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Lol, that's awesome!! Glad you were able to get them down!