Monday, July 13, 2009

Bubbly Mess

Lexie's chores are to unload and load the dishwasher. Last night after dinner she loaded the dishwasher. After loading it, I asked her to start the dishwasher. Lexie told me that she didn't know how to start the dishwasher. I told her to get the big green bottle of Cascade, fill the soap dispensers and push start. After a while, Allison comes in the family room telling me that bubbles were coming out of the dishwasher. I knew right away what had happened. Instead of getting the green bottle she got the green soap. Lexie filled up the two soap dispensers in the dishwasher with palmolive. We had soap everywhere! I'm still having a hard time getting rid of all the soap. Does anyone know how to clean palmolive out of a dishwasher? It has already gone through a few cycles and there's still lots of bubbles in it.

9 comments:

Robert and Jill said...

You'll needs to wipe it all out with a towel to get rid of the bubbles. Your dishes must squeaky clean. Good luck!

Deawn Holt said...

That's funny. I have know I idea how to fix it.

Anonymous said...

That's something I would do~~ And it's cool, it was a spur of the moment thing!

families are forever said...

Time to get swim suits on and slip and slide? smile

mama_g said...

Try wipe the inside down as best you can, put salt in the little cup where the dishwasher detergent goes, close the lid. Turn the dishwasher on and run it through the wash cycle as normal. Don't let it go through the drying cycle though. I have heard vinegar could work as well but the salt will kill the bubbles.

You may not be laughing now but I am sure there will be a time this will be laugh out loud funny. Good luck.

Kellie said...

That is pretty funny. I bet she felt so bad but it was an honest mistake. I bet you all got a good laugh even though it has been frustrating getting it cleaned up!

Jeff and Holly said...

Oh man! What a mess. I remember doing the same thing when I was about her age. Since then my kids have done it once. Not fun to clean up! I'll keep the salt thing in mind if it ever happens again, good to know :S

Sonnet said...

LOL that makes me laugh. I guess I better not or ill be next.

Grandma Dixie said...

Vinegar does wonders for hard water...I'm not sure how it works on bubbles. Look, Mom, green is green when it comes to bottles. Next time show her, and she'll be on top of it from here on out. Why when my children were small and we started doing chores, I showed them what I expected them to do a couple of times before turning them loose on their own. If you think bubbles are bad, try honey on the pillow...well, that's another story another time.