Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lexie Did It!

Last Friday Lexie set a goal to read the whole Book of Mormon. She told me that she wanted to finish reading it by Sunday (today). I asked her why she wanted to finish by Sunday. Lexie told me that she wanted to be the first Beehive in her class to finish the Book of Mormon. Lexie spent two whole days in her room reading and this morning she finished it. Our Lexie is a very smart and determined child. When she sets her mind to do something no matter how hard it may be, she can accomplish it. Lexie, I just want you to know how pleased I am with you. You are a great example not only to me but to those around you. I hope that you continue to set goals for yourself and strive to do your very best. We love you Lexie!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.. I've read, and reread LOTS of things in it, but never cover to cover... that's a difficult task... plus hard to understand at times.... now she should try the bible!!! :)

families are forever said...

What a wonderful goal and girl!!!!

Francis Family said...

What a great goal and accomplishment!

Robert and Jill said...

Wow, so proud (pleased) with her making a decision to read it on her on and then follow though with it til the end. Good going Lexie!!
I love you more!

Kellie said...

That is just amazing!!! I don't think I could do it in that short of time. Congratulations Lexie on making your goal!!!

gwyn said...

Good girl! We are so happy to have her in YW. She'll set a great example for the other girls. Nothing like that competitive edge! :)

The Rives said...

I haven't even read the whole book of Mormon. Good Job Lexie!!!

Sonnet said...

RIGHT ON LEXIE!! Im proud of you! What an awesome thing to do especially at your age!

Grandma Dixie said...

Lexie, you are indeed a special young lady. To complete reading the Book of Mormon of itself is a terrific goal, but to read it in two days...well...need I say more. Our Father in Heaven loves you and is delighted with your spiritual determination and accomplishment. Way to go girl! Love ya a bunch!!! And don't forget to pray.
Grandma Dixie