Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Beginnings

 Everyone designed a box around something the believed. I thought everyone's box turned out great! They were all very unique and special.
 I felt so loved when I saw that I was a part of Hannah's box, I wish I would have taken a picture of it, but my big bobble head was on the left side of her friend box.
Jacqueline's box was really cute! She believes it's important to have a good imagination. You did a great job Jacqueline!
Lexie I'm so blessed to have you for a daughter. You are such a great example to me and those around you. I hope that you continue to hold to the rod and always remember that you're a daughter of God. Love you Lexie!
I believe in Lehi's Dream.When the leaders told us to design a box around one thing I believe, I was excited and went home that night and got started. Many ideas came to mind, friends, family, music, being a good example, and daughter of god. I just had so much to choose from, then I thought about my favorite stories in the Book Of Mormon. Lehi's Dream popped into my head and BAM it stuck. Lehi saw many things in his dream. He saw a tall and spacious building surrounded by darkness and evil. There were many people inside dressed in fine clothes and they were pointing and laughing at those holding the rod. The rod is the word of God. i believe that if we hold tight to the rod, we will be able to overcome trials and temptations. We can keep hold of the rod by reading our scriptures, attending our church meetings, listening to and following the prophet, praying and repenting of our mistakes. With these positive and uplifting choices we can be guided through the dark time in our lives and that darkness will be taken over by the light that is within us. We will be led to the tree of life and return to live with Heavenly father.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen

I think Lexie did a great job sharing her box. I really enjoyed the testimonies that were shared and the sweet spirit that was felt last night at New Beginnings.

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a cute idea for new beginnings! The boxes look great!