Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Day

Lexie really wanted to pank someone so we went to Travis' store and filled his truck with a bunch of balloons and Saran wrapped his door shut. It was fun seeing Travis trying to get into his car. Happy April Fools!

For dinner I made this meatloaf cake frosted with potatoes for dinner. I called the kids in to have some cake and they were all excited to have a slice. I put candles in it to make it look a little more like a cake and had each one of the kids blow out a candle and make a wish. I had them fooled until they took a bite of there cake to find out it was potatoes and meatloaf. It was really fun fooling my kids! When Travis got home from work he wanted to get himself a big slice of "carrot cake" until one of the kids told him what it was.


For dessert I made the kids little hamburgers. They turned out really cute and were very yummy.




2 comments:

Kellie said...

What a great idea! Both the cake and the hamburgers look great!

Your Photo's said...

Yum, wish I had some right now!