Monday, April 25, 2011

Spotlight from my Dad

Kathlene is feeling kind of left out because I saved her for last in spot lighting all of my kids. You know what they say, the first shall be last and the last shall be first. Well, that wasn't exactly the order I put this in. I just went with inspiration I guess. Kathlene was my first child. Being a first child myself, I know a little about what goes along with that. Kathlene had to be the first to experience everything, she was a pioneer. That has it's ups and downs. Kathlene has always been very close to her Mom and I. She was my beautiful baby girl. Great Grandma Hawkes told us that her name should be "Evangeline". I guess that it meant that she was an angel in Grandma Hawkes' eyes. We had so many exciting life experiences with Kathlene as our first and only child for that first year. I remember taking movies on 8mm of her first steps outside our apartment in Logan. I'm so proud of Kathlene and the wonderful mother and person she is. She is an awesome example to her brother and sisters. She assumes the responsibility of the oldest in her family much better than I have in mine. I'm proud of who she was, who she is and who she will become.

No comments: