Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brace Face

I was sixteen the last time I had braces and when they removed my braces they put a permanent retainer on the back of my bottom teeth. I always had a hard time flossing my teeth with it on, so I told my dentist to remove the bar. About a year ago my bottom front tooth started to pop up. Travis had a hard time with how my tooth looked. I would catch him more than once staring at my mouth while I talked with a weird look on his face. He would say things like " You need to get that fixed! That's going to fall out." or "One day you are going to wake up and find that on your pillow." I know that Travis was concerned for me and didn't want to see me lose my tooth so I decided to go get it checked. Dr. West said that I have a very nice bite and healthy looking teeth. He told me that I had just had a few teeth that needed to be adjusted and I would have to wear full braces for six months . Today's appointment was two hours worth of torture. They had to put this cheek expander thing in my mouth along with something to hold my tongue in place. I had a hard time not gaging with all that in there! As you can see in my before and after pictures my lips are huge. I'm in so much pain right now! I don't know how I ever did it the first time.

8 comments:

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

oh bean I am so sorry love. that is so sad. i am sorry that you had to get them. Oh I wish I could be there to help you out. I am sorry your in pain. I hope that it will go away soon. They are nice and clearish. Which is nice! yeah! I hope travis will be happy now and you won't have to hear him complain about it. That is a positive!

Francis Family said...

I can't believe you have to have braces again...well at least it is only for 6 months. I always wished that I had braces.

Christy said...

I love the clear braces, you can hardly see them, really. Kenzie is so with you on the pain. Every time I crank her expander she cries. She can't eat and is in so much pain. The two of you need to go eat ice cream together. She didn't eat at all today and then when she came home she was so hungry that she ate three bowls of oatmeal. So, take some ibuprophen and sleep. By the way, I was just looking at the picture of you with the braces again and WOW, you look so young! Not that you ever looked old but you look like you could pass for a teenager again. And that's not a bad thing!

The Rives said...

Ha, ha! No need for botox injections for your lips.
Sorry... I just had too pock fun!

Sonnet said...

Now we are twins!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you... I could never do that torture again... I got a new retainer and fortunately they can fix my bottom with that.... yikes.

Anja said...

They look cute! can't wait to see them!

Jeff and Holly said...

WHAT!!!? I had no idea you were getting braces. I didn't even know you needed them. One more step to perfect! Love you, your a doll!