Wednesday, August 19, 2009

For the last several weeks Lexie has been talking about how she didn't want to get her immunizations for middle school. People around her were telling her how much it hurts and how they hated getting their shots. (I think that is a very mean thing to do to someone who's going to get shots!) Today I dragged her to the clinic to get it done and over with. When we got there, I had a hard time getting her out of the car. She thought she was going to have to get three shots and we found out she only needed one. When the nice nurse called her in you could see the look of terror on Lexie's face. The nurse did a great job because Lexie didn't even know that the nurse had given her the shot. She worried all that time for nothing. Because Lexie got her shots, I took her out to get something for being brave. We went to Target and after looking around for a while, she found what she wanted. Lexie got a pink pig bank with a crown and tutu that she named Little Miss Penny. After going to Target Lexie, Allison, Bryson and I went to Dairy Queen and got ice cream. We had a good time together and now Lexie doesn't have to worry about getting her shots anymore.

6 comments:

gwyn said...

So cute. She was proudly showing us her teensy little bandaid tonight. I'm glad she survived the ordeal!

Robert and Jill said...

Nice to have over with and nicer to know it was no biggie. I love the pig!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I tell ya, I HATED shots when I was little, but have gotten over that fear... I am now the one who GIVES them... and there are some nurses who do so good, and some who don't... so glad she got the nice one!!

Whitmer Family said...

Way to be tough, Lexi! Shots stink!

Unknown said...

Yep, I used to have a fear of shots myself, but after getting allergy shots, they aren't near as bad as our mind makes us think they are. Why I've seen Lexie take some major falls and been very brave through it all. Congrats to you, and love that middle school!

Jeff and Holly said...

Cute pig! I took Ports in to get some shots and the kid that was after him saw Ports freaking out so he was also scared to death. I actually had to bring Ports back after bribing him. Then after he had his shots he said they were no big deal. Just like I said!!!