Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our Sweet Lexie

I'm at that wonderful time in life I've always dreamed would come. My Lexie is old enough to babysit! Last night Travis took me out to see Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince. Lexie gave up going to the movie to stay home and watched the kids, so that I can go see Harry Potter. I'm not a movie person but this was a movie I was excited to see. It was so nice to go to the movie theater and actually watch a movie and not have to fight with Bryson the whole time. I love Harry Potter it was a great movie and I really enjoyed watching it! When I came home everything was clean and the house was quiet. Lexie had made the kids dinner, cleaned my whole house, and had the kids doing a fun little activity in one of the rooms. It makes me so happy to know that our Lexie is responsible enough to not only watch the kids, but make them a nice dinner, clean the house, and play with them. When I walked in last night where the kids were playing, they were all sitting in a circle playing Duck Duck Goose with big smiles on their faces. Lexie is a great big sister and I want to thank her for her willingness to go the extra mile to make those around her happy. I love you Lexie!!

8 comments:

mama_g said...

What a great daughter! Glad she was so helpful and it will be such a relief next time to know you have nothing to worry about.

Sonnet said...

How cool!! I cant wait till Broolkyn is old enough!

Whitmer Family said...

I also LOVE Lexi as a babysitter! My kids love her, and thought she was so much fun!

Robert and Jill said...

Wow Lexie! You could not have done a better job babysitting for you mom.
I'm happy to hear you and Travis got out for a night together.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, what an amazing daughter you have!

gwyn said...

How wonderful is that? Lexie is such a gem. We need to get her to use her fabulous babysitting skills over here some time.

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome!!! she's getting so big!! now she can start sitting for others and make some $$

Unknown said...

Lexie, my thanks to you for giving your mom and dad a night out. And to fix dinner, clean the house, and have peace and order when they came home was extra special. You are one terrific girl. Just makes me love ya all the more!