Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Childhood Memory

I don't really remember my childhood, but one memory I do have, was the day I got my Kindergarten shots. I don't really remember getting the shot or what really happened that day, but I do remember my mom getting me a Little Orphan ANNIE DOLL - The World of Annie (1982 Knickerbocker) for being brave. I loved my Annie doll she even came with a locket. I remember after getting my shots and my Annie doll my sister Kelli jumped up from behind my seat. Kelli was hiding under a blanket, in the hot car, the whole time we were gone. When we pulled up to my house, my aunt Faylynn was in tears thinking that she had lost my sister. I want to thank my Mom for making my Kindergarten immunizations day a good memory.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey, I've heard that story before! I even remember your Annie locket. Good times.

Robert and Jill said...

It great to think you remember that so well. I hated taking my children to get their shots. Taking you to get your Annie doll made me feel better too.

Sonnet said...

I had an Annie doll too! That is hilarious about Kelli!! hhaha