Monday, June 9, 2008

Backyard Camping

Because It was way too cold to camp at Hyatt Lake we promised the kids we would camp out in our backyard. Aaron and Carrie decided to come over to camp with us. They got to set up their big new tent that Carrie got with her birthday money. Then Tim and Anja showed up just in time to help clean our dutch oven. Thanks Tim, your a great friend! They didn't stay long at all because the needed to put Chase to bed. We all had fun sitting around the camp fire roasting hot dogs and marshmallows while our peach cobbler was cooking. Thanks Aaron and Carrie for camping with us, it was tons of fun. We will need to do this again very soon!


3 comments:

Anja said...

I wish we could have stayed longer, Chase had a rough night, he didn't even fall asleep until close to 10:30. Oh well! Your cobbler looks like it turned out really yummy!!

Robert and Jill said...

What a fun weekend for your family. Family time is the right thing to do to get a good start for the next long week. You planned a lot of fun things to do. I wish I had a private backyard like yours. The cobbler looks great. That's nice Aaron and Carrie spent the night camping out there. Lucky!

Jeff and Holly said...

Hey girl! I am sooooo sorry I haven't been to your blog lately. I have been so crazy busy! I work 12-16 hours a day and rarely have any energy for anything, including hopping on the computer. I'm glad to see you are having lots of good times. I know I say this all the time, but I wish I was with you guys!!! I get depressed if I think on it too long. Some day soon I hope we can travel at least 2 times a year to see each other. One hour wasn't long enough 2x ago, and 1 day wasn't enough either! I will try to give you a call soon. I am just trying to catch my breath. I HATE starting a business!!!!

Take care.