Friday, September 24, 2010

Pumpkin Craft

Last night at Becky Mickelson's house we made a fun looking pumpkin out of pages from a book. I was going for a antique look but had a hard time making it look the way I envisioned it. I still had a whole lot of fun with the girls and always look forward to meeting with them every Thursday. The other pumpkin in the picture is one that Maddy made me last year during school. She made it using fabric, batting, roll of toilet paper, and a stick. I think it's super cute!

What you need for this project is a plastic pumpkin, old book, Mod Podge, paint, and paint bush. First rip the pages of your book into strips and then Mod Podge the torn page strips on your plastic pumpkin until it's covered. Once it's completely covered with torn pages from your book, Mod Podge over the entire pumpkin and let dry for ten minutes. Then paint you pumpkin with the color of your choice and your finished.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love it! How did you make the pumpkin? I'm always looking for ideas for my Mia Maids!!