Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our Turtle Faith

It is Aug. 12th and Faith couldn't be happier. When I got her she was dehydrated, dirty and would not come out of her shell. Now faith is active and happy!

I went to Michele's house the other day and I saw Jerry's turtle. Michele told me that if I wanted it I could have it. Michele said that it hasn't been fed for a very long time. I took the turtle home and Dallas helped me clean the cadge and we fed her and gave her water. I have never seen such a sad dehydrated turtle before. She went right in the water and was drinking and soaking in it for a long time. We named her Faith because she had the faith to hold on and survive all the neglect of her past two owners.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little faith.... glad she's gonna make it!

adventures in mommyland said...

Will she be traveling home to Oregon with you guys?!!

Anja said...

Cute! Let's just hope this doesn't end the same way your last pet did!

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

awe you guys rescued her. how wonderful!I am happy your bringing home a new friend. Something I just found out I think I am alergic to cats. I have spent some time with Miah and he is shedding like crazy. and on the days I do that I wake up in the morning with puffy eyes and all plugged up. Sad huh! But it won't stop me from comming over. He is loosing alot of his winter coat I think. I haven't seen hair come off him like that before. Plus It really scared me. when I went to check on him because there were things out of place and on the floor. I didn't know you guys gave Robby a key. I guess he has been there. Oh well. Hope your having fun. Love ya! Miss ya!