Sunday, May 17, 2009

This Is The Post That Never Ends.......

We went on a very pretty drive to the coast today. We stopped at this really cool place called The Wood Burrow where we were able to climb and play in some fun tree houses. The last time we were at the burrow, it was with my parents when Madison was just a baby.

After playing at The Wood Burrow for a while, we went to the Redwood Forest and enjoyed our walk through the tall trees.

Then we went to Crescent City and played on the beach for a little while. The weather was so nice and warm! It was the first time I have ever been to Crescent City when it wasn't cold and windy. I'm so glad that we were able to go and do something as a family. We had so much fun together!
We brought our dog Benji along with us on our drive. He was so good the whole time! I was even able to walk him on a leash for the first time. At first he had a hard time a wouldn't walk, but after a while I had him walking by my side without any problems. Who knows maybe someday he'll be able to go on long walks with me.

6 comments:

families are forever said...

What a wonderful trip!!!! I want to live in the redwoods someday!!!

Robert and Jill said...

We love the coast and the redwoods. I love all the pictures you took. It made me feel like I was a part of your day with you guys. We will all have to go again together soon. Love ya! Keep taking lots of pictures for me :}

Anonymous said...

looks like a great day out, and at the beach... what I wouldn't give for some piece of the coast, and warm weather all year!!! oh, that's my heaven.. at least it better be.

Sonnet said...

What a nice outing! The close up picture of Lexie with her hair in her face reminds me of you.

Francis Family said...

I love the Red Wood Forest!! I bet the kids love going there too to see those massive trees. I wish I was there with you guys!

Jeff and Holly said...

LOVE THOSE PICTURES! I WANT TO GO SEE THE REDWOODS. I LOVE THAT KIND OF THING!