Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm Thankful for My Home

I'm thankful for my home! Over the last couple years our family has really struggled. We were losing our home. We tried to modify our mortgage a few years ago and they wouldn't help us unless we stopped making our payment. After several months of not paying our mortgage, they finally decided to work with us. We waited a year and when they finally got done with the modification they ended up raising our payment from $2500 a month to $3200. We made a decision to let our home of seven years go. For years I searched and searched for a home to rent in East Medford and wasn't successful. I hated not knowing where we were going to end up and if we were even going to find a home to move to before we got kicked out. I was depressed and stopped looking after awhile. Last summer was the worst summer ever! I had so many obstacles and trials to over come. I had never felt so alone! I didn't think the end was in sight. Then in July our family went to New Mexico for a family reunion and that's when things started to change. It was really nice being with family and we had a lot of fun in New Mexico. Travis' brother Hoyt got us all together every night while we were there to read the scriptures and have family prayer. I could see how much my kids enjoyed reading the scriptures with the family. Before we left for Oregon, Ethan wrote down where we left off in the scriptures so that when we got home we can start where we had left off. It took us 19 long hours to get back home. We got back at 2:00 in the morning and everyone went to bed. The next morning I discovered Ethan and Bryson asleep next to the scriptures. After we all went to bed that night Ethan got Bryson and they read the scriptures together. What a great example Ethan was to our family. We started to read the scriptures and pray together as a family ever night, and everything started to fall into place. I decided I wanted to start looking for a home and the first one I looked at was the one we are in today. What is really crazy is that our family wanted to stay in our ward and we didn't want the kids to go to different schools. This street that we are in now was in the 2nd ward and changed to our ward just before we moved in. We also found this home just before the mortgage company finally decided to kick us out. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. He doesn't always answer our prayers right away, but he answers them. I'm thankful for this house I live in on Kerrisdale Ridge. I'm thankful for the events and trials that got our family to where we are today.

No comments: