Thursday, December 11, 2008

The End Is Near

One thing I really have a hard time doing is cleaning up leaves. It seems like it never ends and when you think you are done, you find you still have more to do later. Since all my trees are finally bare I decided to go out and try to get them all cleaned up before the weather gets bad. I had the hardest time cleaning my driveway. Off to the sides of my very long driveway I have gravel. It makes it hard to clean and bag leaves when you have gravel underneath. The driveway took me one full day to do and I didn't have gloves to wear so my hands were all gross and slimy from all the wet leaves and dirt. I got the front yard cleaned up and I did most of the backyard yesterday. I still have just a little more I need to do but the end is near. After Travis got home last night I had him help me take the leaf bags to the curb so they can be picked up. We started off walking the bags down the long driveway one or two at a time and that got tiring real fast. Then Travis had a smart idea, we piled all the leftover bags in the van and even on top of the van so we could get the job done faster. It was hard hard work to get all those leaves bagged but I'm glad I got it taken care of. My yard looks so much better now!

5 comments:

The Rives said...

I remember how many leaves you would get. the falling of leaves started early and seemed as though they wouldn't come to an end. Your driveway looks really nice.

Kellie said...

I don't envy you having to pick up leaves but I do envy the big trees! We planted a bunch of trees but they will take a while to get very big. Your driveway looks really nice!

Sonnet said...

Wow you go girl!! hehe That a cool long driveway. How is it to shovel in the winter or do you guys not get that much snow?

Francis Family said...

At least you have leaves to play in and rake up. I really missed the fall season.

Bean said...

We don't have to shovel snow here. If it snows it doesn't stick for that long.