Friday, December 5, 2008

Fun with Gingerbread!!



Last Wednesday while Christmas lights were being put on my house, I helped the kids make gingerbread houses. We made them from kits and I had a very hard time getting the gingerbread walls to the house to stay together. Everyone had their own house to decorate and they all turned out very cute and each had their own different style. I will have to post the rest of the houses after I can get my kids to let me take a picture of them with the houses they made. After making gingerbread houses Madison wanted to help me make gingerbread men. Yesterday Madison cleaned the kitchen so we could make gingerbread men. Madison had so much fun helping me make the dough and cutting out the men. We told the story about the gingerbread man that ran away saying "run, run, run, as fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man." I told her that she needed to keep her eyes on the gingerbread men while they are cooling down or they will try to run away. Madison laughed and told me that they can't run away because they are cookies. We had so much fun making cookies together. Do you like Maddy's new glasses? I think she looks so cute in them! She lost her old ones so we had to buy her two pairs of glasses. One pair to wear and one to leave at school so she will always have a pair at school if she forgets to wear her glasses. As you can see Maddy doesn't do very well at wearing her glasses. Lexie finally decided that she wanted to put decorate her gingerbread house. Jaclyn helped Lexie put the house together and decorate it. They were very creative with their house and they made a cute little Christmas tree out of marshmallows to go in the front yard. Their house turned out really cute! I didn't get a picture of the rest of the kids with their houses but I got one of all the gingerbread houses together.

5 comments:

Robert and Jill said...

I love your new page. Those are the best memories taking time to do something special and having one on one time. Michele just said yesterday that we need make some gingerbread houses. That's always fun to do.
Maddy I love your new glass. Your a beautiful girl!

The Rives said...

I would love to get my hands on some of those cookies!! I'm starvin!

Sonnet said...

My mom & I were talking about making one from scratch like she used to growing up with a church steeple & stained glass windows. Good memories for your kids!

Jeff and Holly said...

How fun. Does your gingerbread recipie taste good? I have a recipie for ginger snaps that are awsome, but you can't roll them out and cut them into gingerbread men. We were supose to do our gingerbread house as a family, but at last minute I had to leave. My kids were so upset that I let them do it themselves. They had a premade kit. When I got home it was done and it looked great. I am still feeling like a bad mom though.

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Lil Maddy your so pretty with and without your glasses. I miss my little patty. I am glad that you guys had fun making gingerbread houses and men together. That is so fun. We are going to make one on Christmas eve with Courtney. She is excited. I miss all of you so much. IT seems like eternity since I hugged you all. To all my munchkins I miss you so much. This Christmas Christmas eve won't be the same without you. I will be missing you and our sleepover. I love that Tradition. SAD :( To bean you know I love you and your my bestest buddy. I have been barely surviving without you. Your my rock girl. I stinkin' miss you. Travis no matter what you think I love you so much. I miss you and your smile. Your laugh and your goofiness. I miss just hanging out with you and enjoying family time together. I love you guys. Love- Carebear