Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ornament Exchange

We have an ornament exchange every year here in Medford at the Bennions. Everyone gets together with friends and ladies from different wards and each one brings a wrapped ornament. We all draw numbers to see who goes first. The rules to the ornament exchange is to try to get the ornament that you love. You can pick a wrapped ornament or steal one from someone else but in order to keep your ornament it has to be in your possession three times. Yesterday was my sixth time going. I got number 36 so I was the second to the last one to pick. I had my eye on this awesome ornament and when it was finally my turn, I got it and was so very happy until my friend who I invited to come with me stole it and broke my heart. I'm just kidding, I still love you Christy! I have been pretty good over the past five years at getting the ornament that I want, but this year I didn't do so good. I will have to work on my ornament stealing strategies. The pictures are of ornaments I got over the past six years. The ornament pictures go in order from the first year I went until now. I look forward to these ornament exchange parties, they are always so much fun!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, that's cool... I was wondering what happened to you.... busy time of year I guess!!! I think they are all great ornaments.

Robert and Jill said...

Maybe next year you will get the one you scheme for. I like the tin soldier one. Sounds like a fun kind of exchange to start and look forward to each year.
Love and miss you!

The Rives said...

I love the Santa with the glass belly. he is my favorite.