Friday, November 28, 2008

Becky invited us to spend Thanksgiving with her family. They celebrated it at our church because their family is so big. Becky is so blessed to be living by her parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. While we were getting everything ready Becky's cousin came from California and Surprised everyone. They were all very surprised and happy to see her there. I was wishing that I could go and surprise my family, and spend Thanksgiving with them. They had everything decorated so nice, it felt like I was in someones home. My kids had a great time playing with their friends and watching a movie that they had set up in the relief society room. I didn't even see most of my kids while we were there because they were having too much fun with their friends. The dinner was so good and we had so much to eat. After dinner we played Pit and spoons. Becky won most of the games we played and I was one of the three left on Spoons before we decided to quit and have desert. We had such a great time and everyone made us feel so welcome. We would like to thank Becky and her family for sharing their Thanksgiving with us.

5 comments:

Francis Family said...

I'm glad you ended up having dinner with some friends. Really wish we could have been together for Thanksgiving...it has been too long. Love ya!

Sonnet said...

Thats cool you got to eat with friends. Looked nice.

Anja said...

I'm glad you went and had fun! I'm home so I'll call you soon!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. So great there were so many people.... and sorry you're not by family anymore.... guess you'll have to make your way back here!!

Jeff and Holly said...

It is hard to be away from family, especially on the Holidays. I'm glad you had a place to go. When we were in Ohio we had to make our own family. We would get together with all the other "loners" and eat at the church. We had at least 20 people there every time. Although it was hard I have very happy memories of those times. I hope you are doing good.
Love you!