Friday, November 14, 2008

I Did It!

I worked hard from 10:00-3:00 getting my tree up and decorated. A couple days ago, I decided I was going to put the tree up. Last year we bought a tree with the lights already on it. (Don't buy a pre-lit tree) I put it together and plugged it in and nothing. I was not happy! I tried for what seemed like forever to get them to work and I got nothing but one little strand of lights. I was so mad! I took the tree, forcefully stuffed it in the box, and threw it in the garage. My kids kept talking about how they wanted the Christmas tree up so this morning I spent a couple of painful hours taking the lights off my pre-lit Christmas tree. Then I went to Walmart, picked up some lights, ran home and got the tree lit and ready for the kids to decorate when they got home from school. It's nothing fancy but it's up and the kids are happy.

7 comments:

Anja said...

You are a crazy woman! It get's earlier and earlier each year! It's pretty!

Bean said...

No it doesn't! I put my tree up later than I normaly do. I'm not the the first to have a tree up either. I know a few people who have had their tree up for a while now. Plus I like to get all the decorating over with before Thanksiving so I can relax and enjoy the holidays.

Anonymous said...

that is crazy.... I don't even have room for a christmas tree in my house. too cluttered. I do agree though, there isn't much thanksgiving decor worth putting up.

families are forever said...

It is beautiful!!! smile Danette

Robert and Jill said...

Your Christmas tree looks very nice. Now you can come and do mine and soon. :) I'm not looking forward to decorating my home.
I love you tons!

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Oh beanie. I love the tree. I am so glad that you got it up. Thanks for posting it so I can see it from so far way. I miss and love you guys. Oh the memories!

Jeff and Holly said...

Man girl! You are on top of things. I will be lucky if I get a tree up before Christmas! I wish it wasn't so much work. Do I sound like Scrooge or what?