Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Housekeeping!

I feel like this little cartoon. I'm always cleaning! The really sad part is that I don't even get to enjoy my clean house after I have cleaned it. After I'm done cleaning a room I turn my back and it's a mess again, like I never cleaned it. I have become a slave to my house! Does anyone have any good tips on keeping your house clean? I don't want to spend my whole life being a slave to my house. I know that I shouldn't worry so much about house work and should spend more time with my kids, but I have a very hard time relaxing when I have a messy house. I need HELP!!

6 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

I know how you feel. I can't relax when my house is a mess either, so I just created a chore list for our family. I have given everyone one chore to do and it rotates each day. I figure they live here too! Plus I think it keeps them mindful of messes they make because they know how it feel to try to keep the house clean.

Robert and Jill said...

I wish I were there to help you out. It's so hard to be sick and have to clean and take care of the kids. Get better soon or fly me over!

Jeri Hazelton said...

I have certain jobs for the kids to do that helps a ton! Adam empties the top of the dishwasher, amber the bottom, emily keeps the bathroom clean. And then they take turns cleaning up after dinner. And help with laundry. The house can still be a mess sometimes but those things have helped me a ton lately!

mama_g said...

I try to focus more on one room a day by the time the weekend comes around I get to enjoy and play. I have Hunter work on getting just the everyday clutter in the other rooms while I focus on the one. Doing that gives me the time to dust and other such things. But my condo is way smaller than your house.

Also another one that gets Hunter to help more is we play speed clean, where we go in and tackle a room in 15 minutes (more if the room is larger). Then it becomes a game to get it done and we are together doing it. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose but it gets done and we do it together.

adventures in mommyland said...

I lock my kids in their room and tell them that they can't come out until the house is spit shined and if they touch ANYTHING I will cut off their finger...
Well we can all hope we can do this right?!? OI!

Jeff and Holly said...

AAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEENNNNN!Man if you get it figured out let me know!