Monday, April 13, 2009

Family Night

One of my favorite shows is to watch is Food Network Challenge when they make cakes. Travis and I was watching it last night and we thought we would make our own little cakes for family night. The theme would be a family memory. I know how much my kids love Lego's so I thought I would make a Lego cake. Plus I'm not good at cake decorating so I thought I would make stick to something simple. Ethan decorated the blue one by himself with no help from anyone, I did the red, and then Maddy and Bryson did the white Lego's. We made a big mess but the kids had a good time.

Travis and Lexie made Bryson's sip cup and sniffy as their favorite memory. It was a cute idea and when Bryson saw the cake he pointed right to it and said "Look my baba and blanky." I thought it was funny that he knew right away what they made. Though our cakes aren't as amazing as the ones on Food Network Challenge they were fun to make and we all had a great family night.

7 comments:

Matt and Tricia said...

Thanks for the invite. :) What a fun family night idea! It turned out looking great!

Robert and Jill said...

Very fun and clever. Miss you!

Kellie said...

those turned out great!

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

what a fun mom you are!. You guys are all so creative!

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome... and very creative!!

Sonnet said...

COOL FAMILY NIGHT!!! Love the cakes!

Jeff and Holly said...

you are awsome! I am such a lazy mom, all I would be thinking of is what a huge mess that would make for ME to clean up and that bed time would have to be pushed back. I can't wait for summer so I don't have to worry so much about bed time. Your cakes are fab, I could eat some right now!