Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Surprise Date

Travis took me to see Who's Live Anyway at the Ginger Rogers Theater.

Whose Live Anyway? is a live improv performance featuring four stars of the Emmy-nominated Whose Line Is It Anyway? TV series: Ryan Stiles, Greg Proops, Chip Esten, and Jeff B. Davis. The show is 90 minutes of improvised comedy and song based on audience suggestions. The cast also performs some of the improvisational games made famous on the TV show. As The Oregonian says, "Standup is fun, improv is funnier. And these guys are the world's best!" I had so much fun except for the beginning when we were told we could take pictures only for the first few minutes of the show. Other people were taking pictures so I thought I would too. I took one picture (it wasn't even a good picture) and before I knew it, I had a lady in my face yelling at me "Mame your gonna have to give me your camera! No camera's allowed!!" I said "We were just told we can take pictures the first few minutes of the show." Mean lady snapped "No cameras allowed!" The lady wouldn't take my camera so I put it away. Then I watch the rest of the show with the lady glancing back at me to make sure I was behaving. Other than that, the show was very funny and we had a great time!

8 comments:

Bean said...

from allison, Oh ya i remeber this

Anonymous said...

I love those!!! We dvr who's line is it.... it's one of my favorite shows!!! Totally jealous... glad you had fun.. I know about those camera nazi's... it' happens to me at places to, but doesn't stop me either.

Jeff and Holly said...

Sounds like fun. I love things that make me laugh. Makes you feel so good :0)

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Wow I am so jealous. i love whose line! That is awesome that you got to go. Travis is so good at suprises. I am so happy that you guys are having so much fun together. That is just awesome! I love you guys. BIG HUGSS!

families are forever said...

How fun!

Anja said...

I love this show (the tv version) How fun! I wish we could have gone with you guys! Love you lots!

Mari said...

One of my favorites! Cute blog, thanks for the invite. How did you find me?

Sonnet said...

COOL DATE!