Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fun with Photoshop

For Mothers Day Travis surprised me with Photoshop Elements 7. This is a program I had been wanting for a long time. I have some friends who use this or programs like it for their photos and their pictures always look amazing. I was told that if I wanted to be a good photographer I needed to learn to work with Photoshop. I got Photoshop Elements 7 because It had great reviews and people said that it's very user friendly. When I got It I was so excited and then my excitement turned to frustration when I tried to use it. I went and bought a book for Dummies at Barnes and Noble hoping it would help, but I still was lost. I have been playing around on Photoshop trying to figure it out. I have learned a few things and my good friend Holly gave me some pointers that really helped. The pictures below are some of the pictures I played with. I hope that I can figure out how to use this program and have amazing pictures like my friends.





7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I like what you did with these pictures! It seems to me you know what you are doing!

Robert and Jill said...

Cool pictures! I love how you can do that with the colors. Nice program but I'm with you it would be hard to figure all the fun stuff out. But you will. I love you!

families are forever said...

VERY INTERESTING I JUST LEARNED THE SAME PHOTO TECHNIC ON MY CREATIVE MEMORIES PHOTO PROGRAM, IT IS SO USER FRIENDLY AND SO CHEAP, SINCE I ALREADY GAVE YOU THE PROGRAM LETS SCHEDULE A DAY TO PLAY. I HAVE A LAP TOP NOW TOO. I LOVE YOUR PICTURES, YOU ARE A TALENTED PHOTOGRAPHER!!!!

SMILES DANETTE

Anonymous said...

Ya it's hard cause there are like a MILLION things you can learn. I have a website, that has some step by step stuff... I'll find it and email it to ya... that's what was the most helpful thing for me, since I watched what she clicked, and what it did.

Bean said...

Thanks Tara! You know how to do everything. Love ya!

Lisa said...

I think those pictures look great! I need to know how to use Photoshop too..I would love any information you find!

Jeff and Holly said...

These look great! Can't wait to see more!