Saturday, June 13, 2009

Storms and Sunsets

We had another thunderstorm last night. Travis and Ethan left to play games with Jeremy and Adam just before the storm started. The rest of us turned everything off to watch the storm in our family room. Two big dogs came to visit us during the storm. I felt really bad because they were sitting on my front porch and they looked cold and scared. One of the dogs turned our door knob to try to get in, luckily our door was locked because it scared Allison. When the storm started to calm, the kids noticed a bright glow coming from our side yard. I went to the back yard to check it out a saw a beautiful sunset. As the sun went down I watched the sky turn for bright orange to a soft purple. It was so pretty!

8 comments:

Robert and Jill said...

Wow! What beautiful colors. I enjoy a good storm too.

Whitmer Family said...

Can you believe the weather we've been having. It's craziness! I do love watching the storms though. I am secretly (obviously not so secretly anymore)hoping for more!

Sonnet said...

Beautiful!!!!!!! I love sunsets!

adventures in mommyland said...

GREAT SHOTS!! The weather has been NUTS!!!

families are forever said...

Are this pictures fro your backyard?

Bean said...

Yes they are.

Anonymous said...

wow those are so awesome.

Jeff and Holly said...

Beautiful!!!!