Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Cancun Trip

I just wanted to post our trip to Cancun so I can have it in my book. We went In Aug. of 2001 and I was seven months pregnant with Madison. This was the prettiest place I have ever been!
This is my favorite picture! Travis took it to remember how beautiful our view was. This picture looks just like a post card.

Here I am relaxing on the beach.

Travis is always writing me love letters in the sand.


We took a tour of Chitzen Itza and on the way our tour bus caught on fire.We ended up waiting in this cute little village for our new bus. The people there live in these small huts and sleep in hammocks. The kids there tried to sell everyone fruit and statues they carved from wood. Can you tell from my frizzy hair how humid it was?
We swam in a beautiful fresh water spring to cool off after being in the heat.
Here we are at the ruins in Chitzen Itza . I climbed the steep stairs of the pyramid and was a little scared that I was going to fall. I wonder how many people have hurt themselves or even died trying to climb those steep stairs.




We stayed at the Hilton, it was a very fancy place to stay.

This was the pretty view we had from our room.

Travis and I did things that we had always dreamed of doing while in Cancun. We swam with dolphins and sea turtles, snorkeled and saw the prettiest fish, saw the runes in Chitzen Itza , and relaxed on an amazing beach. I hope to go back to Cancun again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it... makes me want to go SO badly... And I totally love your cute little belly in a two piece.... so cute!! I love pregnant bellies~!

Whitmer Family said...

Yeah, you convinced me! I'm am dying to go! Looks like so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

Those pictures are beautiful! Maybe I'll have to go there someday. And, you do NOT look 7 months pregnant.

families are forever said...

the water is such an amazing blue, maybe I'll get to see it first hand some day, if not thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Jeff and Holly said...

I am seriously crying right now! I want to go SOOOOO bad with you guys to Cancun. We just have to!!! I hate how I keep saying maybe next year, then next year comes and goes and still we don't go. We really need to change that!!! I love your pictures, you are so Beautiful. Wish I looked that good prego!

Lindsey said...

I love Cancun too! We are actually leaving to go there this Saturday as a family and we are excited. It is so beautiful there and so many fun things to do!