Friday, June 19, 2009

Prayer

I spent a good part of my day yesterday mowing the lawn. While I was mowing the tall weeds down the sides of my driveway, the mower ran out of gas. I put new gas in and tried to start it so I could finish and nothing. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to start, so I gave up and thought I would try to get all the weeds cleaned up in the morning. This morning I spent a good hour trying to get my lawn mower started. Then I asked Travis to come out and start if for me. He always starts our lawn mower when I have a hard time getting it started. When he went out to start it, he pulled and pulled and nothing. He told me that he thought it was broken and he needed to take it apart and try to fix it after work. I called my mom telling her how frustrated I was about my lawn mower. I talked to her for awhile and at the end of our conversation she told me to pray for help with my lawn mower. I laughed and then we said goodbye to each other. I thought about what my mom said and decided I would pray. After saying my prayer I went right out pulled the string to start my lawn mower and it started right up. I'm a little sad that I needed to be reminded to pray. I think that when I was a child it was easier to pray for help with little things. Like Praying when a shoe was lost or when I was feeling scared or sad. I guess that sometimes it's hard to remember to pray for little things as we get older. I know that Heavenly Father is always there for us and that he hears and answers our prayers no matter how small they may seem. Thanks mom, for reminding me to pray. I love you!

6 comments:

Savannah said...

Isn't prayer an amazing thing? Sometimes I think I pray so much that I must annoy Heavenly Father!

Robert and Jill said...

Thank you for little miracles ... lost keys, a missing shoe or a stubborn lawnmower -- Our Father uses these to remind us of the power of prayer and that he is there, he listens, he loves us and that he cares ... even about the little things!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the simple reminder. I needed that one.

families are forever said...

mom's are the best! It's great to know we have a Father always ready to listen and help us! Smiles Danette

Sonnet said...

I fully agree!

Jeff and Holly said...

Isn't is nice to know that even the little things we need can be ours with a little faith. Hang in there!