Monday, October 20, 2008

Allison's 9TH Birthday Party

I was very busy today getting everything ready for Allison's party. I bought some balloons and then went to Travis' store and put helium in them and then tied ribbon to all thirty. It took a good hour to get them all done. Then I had to drive home with my van stuffed full of balloons and Bryson stuck right in the middle of them all. My good friend Tricia made Allison's birthday cake and it turned out amazing! The top half of the cake was vanilla and the bottom half was chocolate. The cake was so good. Thanks you so much Tricia for all your hard work! We had a good turn out and all the kids had fun. The kids played lots of fun games and had fun hitting the pinnate. Allison got more presents then she knew what to do with and $65 in Toys -R -Us gift certificates. When the party was over Allison's friends had a very hard time leaving, so I guess you could say our party was a hit! Happy Birthday Allison. I hope you had a great day!

12 comments:

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Oh wow that cake is so awesome. I love it. she did such a great job. The kids look great and looks like they had fun. Allison looks so pretty. So does lexie. I miss you all so much and I am so glad that I got to see these. So cute! Love you and Happy birthday!

Anja said...

Looks like all your hard work payed off, she looks happy!

families are forever said...

CUTE CAKE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!

Cameron said...

That looks like a really fun party for the kids. Happy B-day Allison

Sonnet said...

What a cool party for a kid for it to be halloween style!! Love it.

Robert and Jill said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Allison dear. It looks like you had a great birthday party. I really love your cake. Tricia did a cool looking cake for you. That was nice. Good job on the party Kathlene. It looks like it was a big success. I love you Allison!!! Next Maddi's Birhtday Oct 31st! Crazy!

The Rives said...

Happy Late B-Day. I feel horrible that i didn't call. I will call later today!
Your cake was awesome. I am so glad you had a great party. I miss you lots!! Big kiss & hug from me!

Anonymous said...

so awesome, I totally wish my birthday was by halloween. looks so awesome, wish I could have come.

jewels said...

Wow! You have been busy! I was finally able to read your last 3 blogs. Awesome party! What was the cake in the shape of? Was Allison's hair that thick and black when she was a baby?! Crazy! I miss you tons! Sorry we haven't talked lately, we had company all weekend, and I was supposed to sub today (they cancelled though). If you get this msg tonight, I'd love to walk tomorrow. Lots has been going on, lots to tell. Talk to you soon! And happy birthday, Allison!!

Christine said...

Kathlene,
You are such a devoted mother. One of the things I remember most about my mom are the birthday parties she planned for me. They weren't expensive but they were really creative and fun. Your pictures make me think of those. I'm glad you got a big turnout!

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff and Holly said...

AWSOME cake!!! Today is Emilie's Birthday. I am trying to come up with ideas for her birthday dinner. I am still brain storming, but I just might copy that cake!