Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sixflags Discovery Kingdom

We went to Six flags this weekend with our friends the Kings. We left for California Thursday night. I enjoyed the car ride because I was able to listen to some cassette tapes Travis made me while we were dating. We drove for 2 1/2 hours and stopped and stayed the night at Jeremy's brother's house in Redding. Friday morning we drove three hours to Six flags only to find that it was closed. Because we had nothing planned we went to a huge Science Museum that had just opened up in San Francisco. The Museum was very crowded but we had fun looking at all the marine life. San Francisco is such a busy, crowded, crazy place to be. We had a hard time getting from place to place without being caught in a big traffic jam. Ethan kept commenting on how dirty it was there and the kids were very interested in watching a homeless guy that was following us for three miles, who was scanning the sidewalks and garbage's for cigarettes and food. They watched him eat ice cream and a sandwich out of the trash can. Saturday was very fun! We got to Six flags at 10:30 we played around on rides, saw some fun shows, the kids went trick or treating, and watched Zombies dance to Thriller. We all had a great time with each other and hope to do it again soon!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome. I love rollercoasters!! WE are planning on going to Lagoon for Frightmares, if it STOPS snowing!!

Crissy said...

That sounds like so much fun. Too bad you didn't know it was going to be closed Friday. The homeless people in San Francisco are actually quite amusing. I was once walking down at the pier and a guy (the "bush man" I later learned) jumped out at me from behind some branches he had taken off a tree. It was crazy but funny at the same time.

See you tomorrow morning bright and early...I should be in bed!

Francis Family said...

I can't wait to go to Six Flags someday. Looks like you guys had fun. Was it cold in California? I see some jackets.

Sonnet said...

Ive been to six flags only once. I went when I was a sophmore with Shanna & two boys from our seminary. We had a blast!

Cameron said...

I'm not jealous you guys went to Six Flags really I'm not. OK OK I want to go to SiX Flags too.

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

way fun. Glad you guys got to spend some time with the kings. I was going to say it can get expensive going down there for nothing. Glad you had the money to stay an extra day and have fun at six flags. I am jealous cause I used to live out there and I miss it tonz! I am glad you guys had fun. You all look so happy!