Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family Night

We carved pumpkins last night for Family Night . My kids favorite part about pumpkin carving is cleaning out the seeds and getting all slimy. Bryson was the only one who didn't like it. Every time he would touch the inside of the pumpkin he would say " Ooow" or "Gross!" Travis does a great job carving crazy pictures and words into the pumpkins. I on the other hand have never been patient enough to carve a detailed pumpkin. I always just carve simple pumpkin faces. Robby was nice enough to clean all the slimy pumpkin off the seeds so they could be ready to bake. Then we all sat down ate pumpkin seeds and watched MR. MAGORIUM'S WONDERFUL EMPORIUM.




6 comments:

Robert and Jill said...

I have yet to go out and buy some pumpkins to carve. We look forward to eating the yummy seeds.
Your pumpkins look much happier now that they are slime free. Looks like a fun night together. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

what an awesome family night.... I love carving pumpkins. and love eating the baked seeds.

Crissy said...

We carved pumpkins for FHE last night too! It looks like you had a lot of fun with the goo. Parker wouldn't even touch it this year. He did like to try to cut the faces out though. Cute family!

Anja said...

Cute pictures, looks like you guys had fun!

Crissy said...

We have missed you this week at boot camp! Anja said that you had a punch idea. Is this right? Do you still want me to do the punch? Also...I have my black pants/tights here. I can get them to you before tomorrow if you need me to. Just let me know. You can email me at c_cedergreen@yahoo.com or call at 499-7534

Hope you're having a good day!

Jeff and Holly said...

They look great! Every once in a while I am hit by how fast your kids our growing up. What cuties!