Monday, October 27, 2008

My Friend

Last night Tim and Anja came over for dinner. I wanted to get a more recent picture of me and Anja together, and it turned out so good. Anja has been my friend for four years now (give or take) and I have been so blessed to have her in my life. Travis and the Elders helped Anja and Tim move into their old apartment years ago. Travis after helping, came home and told me that a young couple just moved in and I would get along well with the wife. I ask Travis what her name was and he said "Anja". I don't want to sound mean, but when I heard the name Anja I just had to ask "Anja??" Is she cute?" Travis I think being a little afraid to answer said "I don't know". The following Sunday I was sitting with Carrie and Aaron in sacrament meeting and Anja and Tim were in the row in front of us. I remember telling Carrie that I wanted to go meet them. After the meeting was over we went up to talk to them and I knew right then that we would be good friends. I went searching for Tim and Anja's apartment the next day pushing Madison in the stroller. I was having a hard time finding it, until Tim pulled in. I waved him down and he showed me where to go. Ever since then we have been close friends and have done so much together. That little moment in my life was a huge blessing and I will always remember the day I met my good friends Tim and Anja.

6 comments:

Trina said...

We moved into the apartment right under Anja's just after she moved out. It made it so easy for everyone to find us! I don't know her well, but she must be fantastic - people are always saying so!

Anja said...

Aww, your so sweet! Thanks for the thoughtful post! Love you lots!

The Rives said...

It about makes you cry listening to the story. I have heard it before, but I know how much it meant to you.

Anonymous said...

Hay, what happened to the other post, the tag???? I got on to copy it and it's missing!!!!

Robert and Jill said...

I really like this picture of you two. Everyone needs to have a least one good friend. I'm glad that you two found a friend in each other.

Jeff and Holly said...

So glad you have each other. Everyone needs a good friend close by.