Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Never Again!


I'm so Mad!!! I'm never going to waste my time or money on chocolate chip cookies again! I went to the store today and got new baking soda and baking powder and attempted to make a good batch of chocolate chip cookies. I failed. I don't know what is wrong with me? No matter how many times I have tried, my chocolate chip cookies always turn out flat. After the first batch was done Bryson asked me for a cookie and when I gave him the flat cookie, he looked at it funny, took a bite and spit it right back out. Not only were my cookies flat, they were not even good enough for Bryson to eat.

4:00 PM

After Years Of Trying, I Did It!!

OK. I don't like to leave things unfinished so I decided to finish baking my flat, nasty cookies. I added more flour and rolled them in balls instead of dropping them on the cookie sheet with a spoon to see if that would make a difference and they turned out perfect. I'm so happy!!

10 comments:

Robert and Jill said...

:( I hate that when you work so hard and they turn out flat like a pancake. I can't imagine why they didn't taste good. That's too bad to have to waste it all.
I miss you!

Bean said...

Bryson liked the dough but not the cookies.

Jeri Hazelton said...

Your chocolate chip cookies might not have turned out but you make fabulous oatmeal mint cookies! I've got a chocolate chip recipe for you to try if you are ever up for it!

Anja said...

love the picture!!! good idea about rolling your dough, I'll have to try it out, my choco chip ones always turn out flat!

jewels said...

YAY!! I'm so glad they finally turned out. Maybe we need to take a cookie making lesson from Tarren-his always turn out great! Brat.
Anyway, I'm sure they taste great. Sorry I didn't call you back tonight, I got the truck for a little bit, then had to rush home to put the baby to sleep. He finally went down at 10. :( Anyway, wish us luck tomorrow. I guess Dan has to spend the night. Poor guy. So, sorry I can't walk. Talk to you tomorrow.

Christy said...

I HAPPEN TO BE A COOKIE EXPERT. For a true opion you should bring them to me:) OOOOOOO and every body knows its whats on the inside that counts. Chuck

Crissy said...

yum...congratulations on your success. I'm craving something sweet now.

Anonymous said...

well, they sure look yummy, even the flat ones.... The only chocolate chip cookie secret I know is when they are a little brown on the sides but the middle doesn't quite LOOK done, pull them out. They will still be soft and not flat.

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Oh beanie! I miss you so much. You make the best cookies no matter what they are. Those oatmeal ones look yummy. I can't tell you how much I have been missing you. My life is so boring without my bean. I love you!

Jeff and Holly said...

Good for you! I recommend that you buy the mini icecream scoop from pampered chef. It makes making cookies a snap, and fast too!