Thursday, October 2, 2008

Leaves Are Falling All Around

I can't believe that after working so hard to clean up our leaves, they are back. It has been less than a week since my driveway was clean and free from leaves and now we have to go out and do it all over again. I think fall leaves are very pretty and I love how they sound when the wind is blowing them around. I also love how they crunch under my feet when I'm walking but, after a while I find myself wishing I could enjoy the pretty leaves somewhere other than my own yard.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Did you take this picture today? Is it really that bad already? I can't believe how many leaves there are. Travis and the kids worked so hard cleaning them all up! It's kind of dishearting seeing how many leaves there are after only a week.

I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night. My mom is going to babysit the three older kids, will have to keep the baby but I'll be there.

Oh, one more thing, I love the candy corn background. They are on of my favorite halloween candies.

jewels said...

Wow That's a lot of leaves!! When I had a house, I waited until the last leaf had fallen before I raked anything. I know, I'm lazy. Love the new background, that candy corn is making me hungry!! See you in the morning if you're still up for it!

Robert and Jill said...

I like this picture you took of your long road (driveway)with the fall look. You sure have a lot of leaves. Too bad there's still more to fall. They're so hard to clean up when they're wet and soggy. I love the smell of Fall though. Good luck cleaning them up again. I love you so much my beautiful Beanie!

Sonnet said...

I wish I had some. My grandparens took out the trees & put in Colorado Spruces so nobody had to rake.

adventures in mommyland said...

I hear ya! We raked up the bake yard last week and then the willow dumped itself all over the place again! We're like Juli... no more raking until the last leaf falls... especially with all the wind storms heading in!
We'd be happy to help if you need an extra set of hands! Abby keeps asking about Mr. Travis and her Sassy Dress