Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference

I always get excited for General Conference. I'm so thankful for the leaders of the church and the messages that were shared. I really enjoyed listening to Presidents Monson speak about enjoying the here and now. He said "Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future." At times I feel I worry too much about how clean my house is or about yard work and push off time spent with my children. President Monson talked about how fast time goes by and kids grow up. That someday are kids will all be grown and have families of their own. We will then miss the little had prints that are left on our walls and the toys all over the floor. I want to try harder to make ever moment count and make sure that my family has many happy memories of times we have shared together. I'm so thankful for the church and how it blesses my life. I'm thankful for my family and the love we have for each other. I know that our Heavenly father knows and loves each and every one of us as individuals. If we follow his teaching and live our lives the best we can, we will be blessed in all we do.

4 comments:

jewels said...

That's a nice post. I want you to know that if it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have watched as much conference as I did. It's so easy to just skip it or find other things to do. But this week, after you were talking about how you look forward to it, I realized I needed to try harder to make it happen. And I did. Thank you. See you tomorrow to walk.

Crissy said...

I loved his talk too. I feel like it is dead on what I need to hear like every day of my life. Thanks for sharing your feelings.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing! I loved that talk, too. It was a great reminder to only focus on what is really important in life and to enjoy the journey.

Jeff and Holly said...

I love how conference always makes me think and want to make changes in my life. I know some would look at changing and working as something to hard to do or too restrictive, but I know that all the things we are asked to do only make our life so much easier and better! I am so greatful for our guide lines and know that following them only makes life easier!