Thursday, January 8, 2009

Shattered Memory

I'm very very sad Tonight! My favorite mug that my Aunt Nena gave me thirteen years ago is now in pieces. In a way I think I Jinxed myself by posting a couple months ago about how much I loved my mug and how surprised I was to still have it. I have this shelf in my kitchen where I keep all the mugs and it just so happens to be the top. Last night the kids were drinking hot chocolate and they know that they are not allowed to drink out of my favorite mug, so I think they moved it aside while getting theirs and put it a little too close to the edge of the shelf. So Tonight when Travis opened the cupboard door My favorite mug fell from the top shelf and shattered into pieces. I'm not one to cry easy but I couldn't help it. I was so sad! That mug helped me to remember my Aunt Nena and all the good times we had together and now it's gone. Travis felt so bad, he told me that when he opened the door he saw it falling and it seemed like everything was in slow motion. He knew how much it meant to me and he just felt sick that he couldn't save it from hitting the granite counter top. I will miss that mug! I know it might sound a little funny, but that mug made my hot chocolate taste better. Hot chocolate will not be the same without it.

5 comments:

Savannah said...

OH NO!!! I am so sorry! That is so sad! I would be heartbroken too!!

Robert and Jill said...

That is sad. I know how special it was to you. You had that mug for a long time. I can think of a lot of thing that got lost or broken that meant a lot. I just don't want to think about them all. :(

Anonymous said...

that sucks... i only every break things that mean a lot to me too!!

Jeff and Holly said...

Bummer! I try not to become too attached to anything, as my kids will either loose it, break it, or eat it! Hope you feel better soon!

Sonnet said...

Oh I couldnt help but get a little chuckle out of it falling in slow motion to Travis but yeah that stinks!!