Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ethan's Book

Yesterday I was very upset with Ethan. I have asked him for week to clean his room and he never listened to me. I couldn't take the mess anymore so I ended up cleaning it and was not very happy. I cleaned out his dresser, his three closets and under his bed. It took me a whole day to get it clean. Anyway, while I was cleaning I found this little book that Ethan had made at home. I see these little books laying around my house all the time and they are always about Ethan's Dad. I thought this one was really cute so I wanted to share it with you.

This is Ethan's Title Page

My Dad by Ethan Skabelund


I will translate Ethan's writing for you. My Dad is very loved and I will do anything for him. He plays video games with me and he takes me to get Slurpee's and he is my Hero. He drew a picture of his hero AKA Dad flying over head and himself standing in his front yard.


I like to play on TV's so when I'm going to do nothing when I'm done I will go back to playing my video games.

I teach CTR 8 and this year I became Ethan's new primary teacher. Last Sunday I had my class draw a picture of them choosing the right. Ethan drew a picture of himself doing the laundry. He has done the laundry before and used a whole bottle of laundry detergent and it was a big bubbly mess. I thought it was sweet that Ethan attempted to clean his own clothes to help me out with the house work. This is a very detailed drawing. I love how he drew green stench coming up from the dirty shoe that he's holding in his had and he still has a smile on his face. That's my Ethan always smiling and happy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute... what a fun kid. I sent an email to blurb to see how long it would be til they had it fixed so I'll let you know when I hear back. There are a couple of other sites, but they look MUCH more time consuming. You have to put each page into lulu.

families are forever said...

Kids keep me smiling! thanks for sharing your daily adventures and joys. smiles danette

Jeff and Holly said...

I'm so glad you kept all that. So sweet!

Sonnet said...

How cute!!

Anja said...

CUTE!