Monday, March 9, 2009

NO!!!!

OK. I was so excited to go and see Dr. West today and be closer to getting my braces off. For some reason I thought I would be getting my braces off this month. I went in and Dr. West adjusted my wires and told me I have to wear elastic bands on my side teeth during the day and some on my front teeth at night while I sleep. The purpose of the elastics is to move my top teeth back so they are touching my bottom teeth. My next appointment will not be until the 27Th of April. I can't believe I have to wait even longer. I know this is a funny picture of myself and my nose looks huge, but I want to look back and see how much the elastics helped move my teeth back. I will go see Dr. West in April and he will see if I'm ready to get them off. If my teeth look good, he will schedule another appointment and then I will get them off. Who knows I might not get them off until the end of May if I'm lucky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, those ortho's drag that out so long... much longer than needed I think... Hope he doesn't get paid by the month... they tend to make one month left turn into 12 easily.. my boy just got his off, and for 7 months we've been back every month as his retainers aren't holding his teeth where they need to be... lame

Robert and Jill said...

Hang in there!

Dani Padilla said...

Ah the fond memories of having braces! I had them for two years so I know how excited you get when they're ready to come off!!! They're such a pain, but it's worth it!

Jeff and Holly said...

As crazy as this sounds...I want some! My bottom teeth drive me crazy. Also this is the only self improvement that Jeff will agree to let me do. :0(